Friday, December 10, 2010

Baby Bond Review and Discount


Please see an update HERE


Any mom who has breastfed has faced the issue of how to nurse when not at home. Nursing in public can be quite the taboo subject to many people, and for some mothers it is an uncomfortable thought.

I have nursed all of my children for a minimum of 6 weeks. However, Annabelle has been the first baby I have used a special nursing cover with. I have always used receiving blankets with the rest of the kids but this time I had gotten a special nursing cover that looks like a blanket with a strap around your neck. While this style of  nursing cover works, it can be a hindrance as well.

A blanket, or blanket type, nursing cover blocks your view of the baby... it also gets really hot under there (especially true with blankets). 
Nursing is supposed to be a bonding experience as well as a way to feed your baby. If you cover your baby the ability to make eye contact and talk to your child is restricted.

BabyBond covers the mother, not the baby. This allows the mother to nurse while maintaining her modesty.

I was lucky enough to be sent the BabyBond Couture to review.


I picked the Couture because it is the most versatile.  I don't own very many nursing tops, so I often nurse by lifting my shirt...however this leaves my stomach exposed. Let's just say, after all my kids, no one wants to see my abdomen. 

The BabyBond doesn't cover the baby, it is a much different nursing cover.

Wonder what it looks like in action? Here are some of my pictures:

From afar...what most people would probably see.
What *I* see!

Another picture from my viewpoint.


Closer photo...just a small enough slit for baby to be latched on.
I chose to take pictures of us using the nursing cover "sash" style, as ALL BabyBond nursing covers can be worn this way. 

  


Now, let me tell you a little bit about my experience with the BabyBond Couture

I LOVE the idea behind this nursing cover, however, I do find using the BabyBond a little intimidating. I still have not used it in public because I don't have getting it adjusted down pat yet. I think I will always use a blanket to cover us while I get Annabelle latched when I use this cover. After Annabelle latches, and I have adjusted the material, I feel comfortable enough to nurse without a blanket. Perhaps with more practice I will find a way to get her latched without exposing myself, and you may find it easier than I did.

When I use the BabyBond Couture under my shirt, I again have the problem of getting it adjusted without showing off more than I care to. I found I had to lift my shirt to put the cover on properly and adjust it. I think an easy fix to this would be to step into the bathroom to put the cover on.

I am incredibly shy and very self conscious, and I think if I were more comfortable and open with nursing in public I would really enjoy the BabyBond covers.

So, my final opinion of BabyBond is:
While I wouldn't want this to be the only nursing cover I own, I think this cover is a valuable piece to have in your collection of nursing gear. I think this is the perfect cover for a less shy nursing mom.

Please see the review update HERE!

BabyBond has offered up Six in the Nest readers a GREAT deal.

A 75% discount on their site for any reader who orders a BabyBond on babiesrus.com.

 So, you will be able to buy 2 BabyBonds for less than $46! Awesome deal!
 All you need to do is email a copy of your receipt from  BabieRus or ToysRus  to missy@babybondnursing.com and she will reply with the discount code that will allow you to order another BabyBond on their site with 75% off!







I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 fantastic comments:

jen said...

That's pretty cool. I always covered up as little as possible - just enough to be discreet. I think the bigger the cover, the more attention it draws. Half the time people didn't even know I was nursing. Cute designs too.

great answers!

Thanks for swinging by my blog - stopping in to say hi and I'm excited to follow all your adventures now, too.
The Survival Mama

 
Real Time Web Analytics